Saturday, July 17, 2010

Have you tried a money fast

Back in my single mom days money was short and money was tight. I actually only spent money on Fridays after work and on Saturdays. I got paid every Friday and then paid the bills that were on my schedule to be paid. I put fuel in my car for the week, paid for daycare. I then got groceries on saturday as well as hit a few rummage sales. At rummage sales I looked for things for my children like clothes and somtimes I would let them get one thing for them. I always told my self that this helped with getting shopping out of my system.
After Saturdays I would then leave my wallet at home so I wouldn't be temped to buy anthing from the snack machine at work. I would drive home during lunch and eat lunch at home. If anyone needed any money from me I would tell them to wait till Friday when I got paid. Money fasting was an easy way to track where all my money was going. Since I only had to worry about two days a week of out flow of money. During this time I paid for a mobile home for me and my kids to live in and completely paid off all my debts and then bought a three bedroom home since my kids were growing out of there little mobile home rooms.
How many days can you go without spending any money? Can you leave your debit card at home? Hey it might help you to save and to reach your fiancial goals for the future.
Good Luck and let me know how it goes.
Happy Money Fasting

No comments:

Post a Comment