Saturday, July 17, 2010

Its not about how much you spend but about how much you keep

How much are you keeping? Are you putting money in your 401k are you putting money in your rainy day fund and how about your vacation fund. Every time you get paid try and think how much am I paying myself when I get paid. Is your whole paycheck going out as fast as it came in? Do you only have money for the few hours on pay day? I remember getting paid only for the whole thing to be spent already. One of the best ways to save money is to have your employer hold some each pay day. Just think if you don't get it you can't spend it. I personally had them hold 50.00 out each week. At first it was hard to adjust to a smaller paycheck but I adjusted. And by doing this I paid for my Wedding and my honeymoon with no debt. Yea!

So go ahead and ask you employer if they have programs to help you save money. If not you can try your bank next and open a special savings account. They can transfer money in for you automatically each month.
If the auto thing is hard to handle I did transfers to my savings account everytime I got paid online right before I went to deposit my check into my account.
I like the automatic saving thing it helps me to not forget to save. And I don't want you to forget to save so if you can automate it....automate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment