Saturday, July 31, 2010

Save money make your own laundry soap

I picked the easiest recipe I could find so I couldn't fail. I Have been using this recipe for a year now and I see no difference in the cleanliness of my clothes. Plus I know there are no fillers in my soap. I try to make small batches at a time so it doesn't have a chance to go bad. I have bought the washing soda and the Borax only once so your investment in those items will last at least a year. Next time I purchase them I will let you know the cost in our area of the world.


Powdered Laundry Detergent

2 cups Fels Naptha Soap (finely grated – you could also try the other bar soaps listed )

1 cup Washing Soda

1 cup Borax

Mix well and store in an airtight plastic container.
Use 2 tablespoons per full load. (I use an old formula scoop)


For the bar soaps required in the recipes, you could try Fels-Naptha, Ivory soap, Sunlight bar soap, Kirk’s Hardwater Castile, and Zote. Don’t use heavily perfumed soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment